According to wikipedia "Emigration is the act of leaving one's country or region to settle in another. (..) There are many reasons why people might choose to emigrate. Some are for reasons of religious, political or economic freedom or escape. Others have personal reasons such as marriage. Some people living in rich nations with cold climates choose to move to warmer climates when they retire."
Well, neither of these reasons apply to me, but nevertheless I decided to move from Germany to England where it always rains and the men are not really classified as the most attractive ones in the whole wide world. When you have lived in a foreign country before, you might know how different, awkward, funny and difficult your daily life can become.
Here are some highlights of my life in London Town.

June 19, 2011

Nightlife: Roller Disco

♫ I'm so excited and I just can't hide it... - You're the one that I want, ooh ooh ooh... - Take on me, take me home...♫ These are the songs I was listening to last night. Me and my flatmates made a trip back to the 80s and went to the Roller Disco in Vauxhall: http://www.rollerdisco.com/

The best part about going out is dressing up, right? So, we picked the brightest and most 80-like clothes we could find, put on colourful make-up and got the crimping iron out:


When you are dressed up like that, the next hilarious step is leaving your house and walking around like that in public while everyone stares at you - especially on the London Underground:

 

At the Roller Disco, though, we didn't feel weird at all. Everyone was dressed up! There were guys with wigs, sunglasses and very short shorts. There were girls with tutus, legwarmers and super colourful leggings. If you wanna have a laugh with your friends, I highly recommend this place:

No comments:

Post a Comment