According to wikipedia "Emigration is the act of leaving one's country or region to settle in another. (..) There are many reasons why people might choose to emigrate. Some are for reasons of religious, political or economic freedom or escape. Others have personal reasons such as marriage. Some people living in rich nations with cold climates choose to move to warmer climates when they retire."
Well, neither of these reasons apply to me, but nevertheless I decided to move from Germany to England where it always rains and the men are not really classified as the most attractive ones in the whole wide world. When you have lived in a foreign country before, you might know how different, awkward, funny and difficult your daily life can become.
Here are some highlights of my life in London Town.

March 1, 2012

Language Barriers

Sometimes I get a little coaching regarding the English language. The other day my colleague sent me a very useful table and I would like to share it with you to shed light on these confusing expressions:


Can you discover a pattern? Yes, they always say the opposite of what they mean. So next time someone invites you for dinner, don't wait for the invitation! Oh well, I'll do it anyway...


No comments:

Post a Comment